About Me

Music is inspirational, haunting, life-changing. I could not live without music. It gives me many ideas. The time has come to share them.

Monday, May 9, 2016

Can you rise from the dirt? Can you love like you´ve never been hurt? If you´ve been hurt, can you still believe? Can you set your spirit free?

It's been a long 5 years, and a lot has happened to me personally. However, this blog is not to talk about my life, but to talk about music. Not surprisingly, I have discovered a lot of new music in the last 5 years, and today I would like to share one of those songs. The name of the artist is Eivor, and the song is called Undo Your Mind.

Like most music I listen to, the true meaning of this song is difficult to pinpoint and the best I can offer is my own interpretation. Despite the song having a slow pace and being in a minor key, I actually believe this song is full of hope for the future. The lines I chose for the title come late in the song, but they describe how I have always attempted to approach new relationships. While I'm the first to admit that I haven't always been successful (at times even failing horribly), it has always been my goal.

When a relationship fails, I feel like you're been dumped into the dirt. I feel like I have failed personally and belong there. Eventually, though, I need to pull myself up. Rise up from the dirt. Then comes a new relationship, and the difficult parts. Loving like I've never been hurt, when I have been hurt badly. More than once. Sometimes it's difficult to remember that the person I am with is different than those who have hurt me in the past. It's hard to believe in them and that things will be different. However, when I manage to do so, it really is like setting my spirit free.

I am seeking that again. Someone who can help me get up from the dirt, who can forgive me if I slip up and don't remember that they are not those from my past. Someone who will help me believe and can set my spirit free. I'm sure she's out there. I feel she's close. This thought gives me hope for the future.

Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKDbYonKAbw

No comments:

Post a Comment