About Me

Music is inspirational, haunting, life-changing. I could not live without music. It gives me many ideas. The time has come to share them.

Monday, August 29, 2016

In 24 hours they'll be laying flowers on my life

Don't worry, I'm not actually dying. I'm perfectly healthy. These are just lyrics from the song 24 by Jem.

As you might expect from the title, this song is about someone who only has a day left to live and is trying to set things right for after they're gone. I've heard this song many, many times. It always makes me wonder what I would do in this situation. Would I try to mend broken bridges with people in my past? Would I want to spend my time with those I love? Maybe, on the other hand, I would go live a day of absolute crazy fun? After all, if you only have a day left, even if you're caught by the police, it's not like you could be punished.

In the end, I don't think I can answer this question unless (until?) I'm in this situation. Most people don't get to know exactly how long they have, so it's unlikely I'll know exactly which day is my last. Still, I think it's interesting to think about.

Here's the song (lyrics in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKgxkxbxI7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment